Discover the power of creating unique pieces of adornment with the intention to heal. Inside Inspiritu you will turn pages borrowed from a dusty "prescriptions book" revealing restorative secrets of a legendary curandera - a woman healer - and will become inspired to create your own unique jewelry pieces to share with others. From creating your own clasps and jump rings to incorporating keepsakes with new elements there is much to discover here. You'll also:
• Master a variety of metalworking jewelry techniques such as forging, stamping, sawing, wirework and more.
• Learn the qualities instilled in specific colors and gemstones to truly target the needs of those you create jewelry for.
• See how easy it is to turn new objects into ones that appear aged and where to go to find vintage treasures to use in your works.
• Combine vintage elements with new materials to create striking pieces with both form and function.
• Pamper yourself or others using the plentiful suggestions for restorative teas and other healing treatments.
Whether you enjoy making earrings, bracelets or necklaces, start creating beautiful jewelry for the betterment of your mind, body and soul.
North Lights Books, 128 pages
Available in paperback